News & Press
Tips For Throwing A Bride A Classy Hen Party (We were contacted by a fab freelance journo who wanted to mention Party Pants, see what Amber had to say below!
Some people are all about wild hen parties: a night out on the town with your girls, dressed to the nines at all the hottest dance clubs, etc. But some would actually prefer a more sedate affair -- you do want to look your best for the wedding, after all. Here are some ideas for a more classy hen party:
1. Arts and Crafts -- In this new age where DIY reigns supreme, crafting parties are becoming more and more popular. One especially fun activity for brides-to-be? Party Pants Parties! Get together with your hen party and take a workshop on making your own knickers -- a Brief Chief (loving the word play) will come to your party armed with bubblegum pink sewing machines and all the trimmings (ribbons, lace, silk flowers, etc) that you need to make the perfect pair of knickers for your wedding! Activities like cupcake decorating and perfume making can also be a fun way to celebrate the upcoming wedding.
2. Getaway -- You could make a quick weekend trip with your girls for an exciting take on the traditional hen party. Paris is a quick jaunt away through the chunnel, and your hen party can visit some of the best museums in the world, treat themselves to the best shopping and sample the city’s famous cuisine. You can even take the stress out of planning your Parisienne getaway by just booking a package holiday with a hen party planning site like RedSeven, so all you have to do is look forward to a luxurious time in the city of lights. And if museums and high culture aren’t your thing, why not go on an adventure? Knock the socks off of the entire bridal party by going on a skydiving, skiing, or white water rafting! Nothing like a little thrill-seeking before the big day, eh?
3. Spa Weekend -- A spa is just what you need to look fresh and beautiful for the big day! Especially after all the stress that comes with planning a wedding, you and your hen party definitely deserve some R&R. Head out to the local spa, and book a day full of massages, long soaks in the mineral baths, and rejuvenating time in the steam rooms and saunas. Mani-pedis and makeovers can also be a fun (and beautifying!) activity for the whole party.
4. Cooking Class -- Some quality time cooking together is yet another fun hen party concept. Why not take on some of the hottest new trends of the food world? Macarons are quite possibly as classy as they come. You can DIY them with your bridal party, or you can even take a class together. Other fun (and similarly luxurious) ideas include cupcake decorating and cocktail making.
5. Tea Party -- Tea parties may be the ultimate classy party. Dress to the nines in your best tea-length gowns and eat delicious delicacies like cucumber finger sandwiches, and indulge in a little of the very best Earl Grey (or maybe even a couple mimosas). A traditional tea party can be quite fun, but if that’s not for you, themed tea parties are another great option. Why not go ultra-classy and have a Jane Austen-themed shindig? Your bridal party is sure to love it!
One thing is key above all when planning your hen party: make sure to have some fun! The rest is all gravy.
Amber Kingsley is a freelance writer and has contributed to several sites and blogs. She loves sharing her favorite DIY tips and craft ideas with her readers.
These beauties really caught our eye at Party Pants HQ, incredibly creative hen party!
The first of our Party Pants chariots rolled out last week. Getting to our parties just in the knick of time (!) we are loving the attention our new set of wheels is getting.
Look out for the pants on our passenger door and if you see our cool car and get a photo then send it to email@example.com and you'll get 50% off your party pants booking!
xxx Chief Brief xxx
- Tips For Throwing A Bride A Classy Hen Party (We were contacted by a fab freelance journo who wanted to mention Party Pants, see what Amber had to say below!
- Hen out of hen pants
- Party Pants gets even more mobile.
- Party Pants - The Movie
- West weddings write up!
- Scottish Weddings Mag review
- Our head Chief brief interview on life, knickers and hens
- Chief Brief hot top tips for organising hen parties!